REFEREED JOURNAL ARTICLES
- Power, Emma R. and Gillon, Charles W. How tenure drives household care practices and strategies, Social & Cultural Geographies. (in press)
- Power, Emma R. and Mee, Kathleen J, Housing: an infrastructure of care, Housing Studies. (in press)
- Power, Emma R. Assembling the capacity to care: caring-with precarious housing, Transactions of the Institute of British Geographers. (in press)
- Power, Emma R. and Bergan, Tegan, Care and resistance to neoliberal reform in social housing, Housing, Theory and Society. (in press)
- Lopes, Abby M; Healy, Stephen; Power, Emma; Crabtree, Louise; Gibson, Katherine (2018) Infrastructures of care: opening up ‘home’ as commons in a hot city, Human Ecology Review, 24(2), p41-59.
- Power, Emma R. (2017) ‘Housing, home ownership and the governance of ageing‘, The Geographical Journal, 183(3), p233-246.
- Power, Emma R. (2017) ‘Housing governance and senses of home in older age: the provider scale‘, Journal of Housing for the Elderly, 31(3), pp193-212.
- Power, Emma R. (2017) Renting with pets: a pathway to housing insecurity? , Housing Studies, 32(3), p336-360.
- Power, Emma R. (2015) Placing community self-governance: building materialities, nuisance noise and neighbouring in self-governing communities, Urban Studies, 52(2), p245-260.
- Power, Emma R. (2013) Dogs and practices of community and neighboring, Anthrozoos, 26(4), p579-591.
- Power, Emma R. (2012) Domestication and the dog: embodying home, Area, 44(3), p371-378.
- Dowling, Robyn and Power, Emma R. (2012) Sizing home, doing family in Sydney, Australia, Housing Studies, 27(5), p605-619.
- Dowling, Robyn; Gorman-Murray, Andrew; Luzia, Karina; Power, Emma R. (2012) Critical reflections on doctoral research and supervision in human geography: the PhD by publication, Journal of Geography in Higher Education, 36(2), p293-305.
- Power, Emma (2009) Border-processes and homemaking: encounters with possums in suburban Australian homes, Cultural Geographies, 16(1), p29-54.
- Power, Emma (2009) Domestic temporalities: nature times in the house-as-home, Geoforum, 40(6), p1024-1032.
- Muller, Samantha; Power, Emma R.; Suchet-Pearson, Sandra; Wright, Sarah; Lloyd, Kate (2009) “Quarantine matters!”: Quotidian relationships around quarantine in Australia’s northern borderlands, Environment and Planning A, 41, p780-795.
- Power, Emma R. (2008) Furry families: making a human-dog family through home, Social and Cultural Geography, 9(5), p535-555.
- Power, Emma R. (2007) Pests and home-making: depictions of pests in homemaker magazines, Home Cultures, 4(3), p213-236.
- Power, Emma R. (2005) Human-nature relations in suburban gardens, Australian Geographer, 36(1), p39-53.
Restrictions on pet-ownership in multi-owned properties, in ‘Multi-owned property: rights, responsibilities and restrictions’.
Households and neighbourhoods, in Identity and belonging .
Domesticities in The Wiley-Blackwell companion to cultural geography , (download paper)